Just because those men have turbans on they’re the enemy? Just because they have dark skin? Beards?
Reagan met with the Mujaheddin. The fighters who were at war against the invading Soviets. The enemy of my enemy. If that’s too complicated of a concept I’ll be more than happy to explain the cold war and the usage of proxy wars.
Let’s set the timeline straight.
- Reagan meets with Mujaheddin 1983 (Pictured above)
- Soviets withdraw from Afghanistan in 1989
- The Taliban doesn’t even become an active militia until 1994
- The Taliban doesn’t take primary control of Afghanistan until 1996 (13 years after the photo above)
- During the rise of the Taliban the US backs the Northern Alliance, a Islamic Democratic group dedicated to fighting against the totalitarian Taliban.
So let’s review.
- You’re racist.
- You don’t understand history.
- You clearly took a photo out of context
You gain infinitely more respect for Bill Cosby when you realize his son was murdered by an actual white supremacist, and yet he lectures about the problem of black violence because of a lack of fathers.
I freakin love Bill Cosby. His politics are a mixed bag, but his heart is in the right place and he knows the root of America’s problem: lack of family.
#this is not an exaggeration okay #children do say this #children do wonder why they can’t find themselves in the media #don’t fucking tell me it doesn’t matter #it matters so much #children NEED to see themselves represented #or else they grow up feeling inferior and not worthy
THIS IS FROM AGENTS OF SHIELD YOU COMPLETE ARSE
SCREW YOU TUMBLR, OKAY THE KID NEVER SAID THAT THE LEGIT LINE IS “I’m okay” THIS KID’S FAMILY REALLY POOR OKAY AND HE DIDN’T WANT HIS DAD TO SPEND MONEY FOR HIS BIRTHDAY GOD DAMN IT
GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR PRETENTIOUS SOCIAL JUSTICE BLOGGING
Seriously, even if you just read the kid’s lips it should be obvious he doesn’t say “Why aren’t any of them black?”
Fuckin Tumblr and its bullshit.
Something feminist don’t seem to understand.